Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week 8: Growth Mindset




Strengths and Weaknesses





"Strong Brain" Source: Pixabay





After reflecting on my personal strengths and weaknesses I realized they differ depending on the situation. Looking at the list, I find myself only focusing on grades for classes I have little interest in and focusing on learning in classes where I enjoy the material. The same goes for doing the bare minimum. Lack of motivation and flat out laziness play a lot in to this. In classes where I find motivation to learn I perform with my best work but in classes where I lack interest I usually find myself doing the bare minimum just to get the grade I want. My biggest  weakness I need to grow into a strength is procrastination. I am very bad at doing things last minute, this usually is true for any class. However, at work or anything outside of school this is not true. Listing out my weaknesses on paper makes me realize what I need to work on. This helps develop a plan to grow these weaknesses simply by realization.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Vann,
    This is a great way to approach your weaknesses. I can identify with the lack of interest in some classes, and just being plain lazy. Your statement about writing weaknesses down in order to strengthen them really works! I never really believed in the idea of planners because of things like Google Calendars, but it's amazing how much writing things down increases your level of efficiency!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have find myself focusing on grades rather than learning. It is what's driven into our mind at an early age unfortunately. We need to get that A or B or C or whatever grade in order to do this or that. I feel like if we just focus on learning new material it will definitely be much more beneficial in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vann, I also find myself only focusing on my grades in classes that I am not as interested in. Whereas in my major related classes I focus much more on learning and soaking up the information. Lack of motivation definitely hits hard after spring break. I think the final month after being on a weeks break it takes a lot of motivation to really finish the semester strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is true that the subjects we find the most interesting, we do the best on. I feel like the trick is to convince ourselves that all the classes we take are interesting, than we will want to learn and do better in them. I am trying to figure out how exactly to do this, so if anyone figures it out, please let us all know.

    ReplyDelete