Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 8 Reflections



Reflection



"Writing" Source: Pixabay

Reading

Over the past seven weeks I have enjoyed most of the readings I have read so far. My favorite was reading about the gods and goddesses in "Hindu Gods and Heroes". Mahabharata was probably my least favorite, it was really similar to Ramayana and kind of seemed like the same story each week. My reading schedule has usually consisted of reading on the assigned days. My reading notes have made the weekly stories easier. I try and get a good description of the characters and the main theme/ plot for that section of the story. In the near future I would like to read an epic about heroes and possibly the Jataka tales.


Writing

I have really enjoyed creating the stories I have written thus far. I learned writing and creativity comes really easy for me if I just sit down and get started. That is my favorite part, having ideas flowing and putting them down on paper. My biggest problems are probably grammar issues. I usually turn to my english major roommate for help. I love what I have going for my storybook right now, it gives a lot of room for imagination. I would like to fix some of the grammar issues I come across so it doesn't stop my writing flow.


Connecting

Reading through other peoples stories I find myself admiring the flow and descriptive writing they have. Some points I would like to avoid is too much narrative between the characters. I am not the best writer but I think I have given decent feedback to the best of my ability. In the future I can look for grammatical errors in my peer's writings, this would be good practice for me as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment