Sunday, February 12, 2017

Feedback Focus



Focusing Techniques Ranked:

1. Copy and Delete
2. Reading Out Loud
3. Use a Timer


Advantages:

Copy and Delete- Quick form of notes, makes reading go by faster
Reading Out Loud- Catch more details, and understand more of the story
Use a Timer- Only focusing on reading

Disadvantages:

Copy and Delete- If you don't make a note, you can forget which comment goes with what part
Reading Out Loud- Takes a long time
Use a Timer- Only reading, if you have a comment you may forget it when you are done

I was surprised by the copy and delete method, at first I thought it would be pointless and writing down notes would be better. After giving it a shot I enjoyed it, especially if I did not enjoy what I was reading. It seemed like it gave me a sense of finishing the story in steps instead of a drawn out read.
I will try the copy and delete method in the future. I have used the reading out loud method when I was younger because I would skip over a lot of information reading the stories in my head. I enjoy having a physical copy of the book and making annotations in the margin. I liked the Cat and Dog story, reminded me of a favorite childhood movie and really validated how I feel about cats.



"Cat vs Dog" Source: Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment