Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Week 5 Story Planning: Kaloo





Kaloo Chapter Planning
Ideas
  • Start with Kaloo on his journey to exile
  • Headed towards the southern islands of Pergonia
  • The island limits his ability of fire by raining 20 hours a day
  • Have him try to escape his boat there
  • Has bad anger so possibly kill one of the guards
  • As punishment a guid might injure him
  • Have Agni (fire god) speak to him
Notes
"Ravana's brother Kumbhakarna good warrior, maybe lazy reminds of snorlax"
-I want Kaloo to somewhat mimic Ravana in his demeanor 
-Alos want him to meet a guy like Kumbhakarna


"I like this illusion, it solidifies their position as the bad guy"
-Again, I want Kaloo to be a shady character like Ravna

Syles
-I want this format to be similar to Rama's first chapter.
-Also want Agni to tell him not to be afraid of his power and not to let people suppress him
-Also want a lot of narrative to show the dark side and shady side of Kaloo

Character Sketch
-Kaloo: shady, mad, rebellious, and not wanting to listen to anyone
-Kumbhakarna: (attitude wise) I want this character to be opposite of Kaloo
-Gaurd: Dislike Kaloo not only for his attitude but also power

"Agni" Source: Wiki Commons




Bibliography


Authors Note
This story is loosely based off the stories of Ramayana. This story focuses on two cities and an avatar named Rama. Rama is fierce with a bow and kills many dark creatures. He ends up marrying the kings daughter after completing the challenge of breaking the sacred bow. Rama is soon exiled by his father for fourteen years. Fortunately for Rama, his wife Sita and brother accompany him. I used some characters from this story and ideas of dark and light to fuel the overlying theme.

2 comments:

  1. This is a cool way to do a story planning. I haven’t seen many of these but this one looks super organized. I like the way he broke up the ideas, notes, styles, and characters. I think between all the great notes you took in all these categories you will be able to write a really good story with a lot of detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vann, nice story planning! I think your story will come together nicely! I'm excited to read it when you are done! I think the way you broke things down so detailed it will end with a better story compared to if you just wrote your story without planning. I say that because when I write stories I don’t know the characters and their motives as well as you do here. Thanks for the read! I’m going to try this style myself!

    ReplyDelete