Sunday, January 29, 2017

Feedback Thoughts


The four feedback articles I read were:

"Using Harsh Feedback to Fuel Your Career" by William Treseder
"5 Tips for Taking Feedback Like a Champ" by Megan Bruneau
"7 Key Characteristics of Better Learning Feedback" by Grant Wiggins
"Try Feedforward of Instead of Feedback" by Marshall Goldsmith


I have always been rather bad at taking criticism. I don't know if I am embarrassed by the feeling of my work not being perfect in the eyes of others or flat out disagreement. The article that reflected these feelings best was "Using Harsh Feedback to Fuel Your Career". After reading this article I thought about trying the "embracing emotions" part. I would like to try and use these emotions in my favor for a future project. I have had a lot of experience of giving anonymous feedback, very rarely have I had to give feedback to someone face to face. I have always believed that if you are going to say something negative about someones work you should say two things you liked about there work as well. I occasionally do get shaken up by negative feedback, I do not show it by internally I can struggle with it; hence why I chose this article.

"Feedback" Source: Max Pixel

No comments:

Post a Comment