Friday, January 20, 2017

Storybook Favorites




The first storybook that caught my attention was the Twilight Zone style "Fifth Dimension", by Christine Elliot. Anything with "Twilight Zone" in the title always captures my attention; this is because as a kid I watched the Twilight Zone movie and it somewhat freaked me out. The cold, mysterious, and erie introduction reminded me of the strange movie. The layout of the actual story is unique, instead of being long paragraphs of solid words it is written as a play.


The second storybook I chose was "Monster Hunter". I really could not say why I this one caught my eye, I think it stood out because it seemed so different than the rest. I also really enjoy mythology and  with monsters comes mythology. The introduction was very well designed for the title of this storybook. It gave it a video game like feel and made it seem like the reader was there. I also enjoyed how each chapter title was a new monster. This gave the reader excitement to keep reading and learn about the next tale. This storybook style is different than the "Fifth Dimension", it follows a layout similar to a classic short story which I like.

The Man Jack by Viking-Heart. Web Source: Deviantart



The last storybook I chose was "Demigod Daycare", by Kelsey Link. Growing up I read every Percy Jackson book in the series. If you don't know, these books are all about Greek Mythology and focus on a few demigods. This title instantly reminded me of "Camp Half-Blood" in the books and is the main reason I chose it. Much like my second choice I like how each chapter title gives the reader a clear description of what is to come. This gives the reader excitement to keep reading in order to get to the next big story. The introduction style reminds the reader of classical greek script along with clean colors representing divinity. This storybook is written similar to my second choice, making it easy to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment