Friday, January 20, 2017

Reading Options



I chose the PDE Ramayana for a few reasons. First, I am a very slow reader and love audio books so this was a huge plus for me. Second, I love pictures because they give me a different dynamic of the story. Third, I am low on funds and time so the PDE edition helps with this.

I have taken a couple classes on epic literature in middle and high school. Both of these classes focused on Greek Mythology, but I really enjoyed them. I love epic moves like Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones. In addition to mythology classes I have taken numerous religious classes. I grew up going to Catholic schools so I was constantly learning about various religions. I have never studied Indian history nor taken any classes on Indian literature, music, or dance. The only topic I can remotely relate it to is Ottoman history, which I know a lot about. I am assuming these are very differ though.

Lakshmi and Saraswati Source: Wiki Commons

This is really the only image I could remotely recognize, just because I have seen an image of a woman with multiple arms before. Although I may not know much about Indian history or literature I am very excited to read and learn!


No comments:

Post a Comment